My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Jobs I Couldn't Imagine Doing!

Blog Prompt: What jobs do other people hold are you thankful for?

When I was thinking of which jobs other people do that I'm thankful for, the first ones that came to mind were all the ones that I would not do. I'm truly thankful for all the people who do these things to make my life comfortable and safe.
1. Firemen: I've had a few house fires and the firemen who have responded were professional and truly caring. They risk their lives to save people they don't even know. For that reason, twice a year I try to bake our local firemen a loaf of banana nut bread to show my appreciation.
2. Policemen: When I see the crime on the news, I'm thankful for these people who try to keep order in our semi chaotic world. They are truly underpaid for all that they go through each day. They also get a loaf of my banana nut bread twice a year (which doesn't really show how much I appreciate them!)
3. Sanitation workers: Can you imagine what the cities would be like if no one picked up garbage? Some rural places near us do not have city pick up and I watch the trash pile up in their yard until the county makes them clean it up.
4. Plumbers: I have been without water for 10 days and I hope that never happens again. I would rather be without power than water. Plumbers are worth their weight in gold!
5. Construction workers: I have tried to use a saw and it was not a pretty sight! I can't even drive a nail in straight. I guess without these people, I wouldn't have a house to live in!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You forgot the military and I forgot the most important civil servants, the police and firemen. :)