My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Friday, November 16, 2007

Furniture Blessings

Blog Prompt: What furniture are you thankful for?

There really is only one piece of furniture in my house that I absolutely love. I have a favorite rocking chair in my living room that we brought all the way to SC from Lancaster, PA. It was built by an Amish man and the workmanship is excellent. I not only love the way it looks but also the way it feels. The seat curves to fit my behind instead of the flat seats that most rockers have. It almost feels like it is hugging you. When we bought it, we had it in the back of our SUV all the way home. In fact, when my hubby was tired of driving, we spent the night sleeping at a rest area. Of course my hubby wanted to set it outside so he could lay down in the back of the SUV but I wouldn't let him. This meant that we had to sleep sitting up all night! The things you do for love.

PS: My dad is home from rehab which was a total nightmare. Stay tuned for a future blog entry titled: Why Our Insurance Rates are So High or How to Take Advantage of the Elderly.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Do love handmade furniture. When the kids were little I had a handmade rocker that I loved, but the ex sold it along with just about anything else I cared about to buy fishing nets. Glad your dad is home, but sorry that it is turning into a nightmare. Will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Glynis said...

I'd love to see a photo of your rocker...Amish furniture is the best! And Praise God that your father is better...and yes, I'm sure that dealing with insurance is a nightmare ...I don't envy that!