My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, November 12, 2007

Blessings of Friends

Blog Prompt: What friends are you thankful for and why?

During this bumpy time in my life, I am even more aware of all my friends who are there for me. My friends play an important part of the support system that I surround myself with which helps me have a positive outlook on life. Here are the friends that I'm thankful for:

1. Charlene - my first friend at the first school I have ever taught at and we have stayed friends since then. I don't think I would have lasted in teaching without her as a friend and a mentor. Even though we have been at different schools, we have stayed in touch and offered each other support when needed.
2. Sandy - my friend almost as long as Charlene has been. Sandy has been there during bumpy times in the early days of my marriage. She didn't tell me how to have a better marriage but was always there to listen to me complain and whine. I really valued any advice she gave me because she always made such common sense (which I have none).
3. Elizabeth - she started out as my administrator and ended up being my friend. There weren't many administrators that I trusted but I know I always can trust her (which is very important to me). During rough times of my teaching, she was always there for me without judging me but listening and suggesting ways to handle rough situations (she could sell ice cream to an eskimo!). She is a role model for me because she handles conflict situations with poise and gentleness that I hope someday I can do the same.
4. My DSP friends - all the prayers and support out there have helped my dad recover. Thank you to all of you out there!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Friends are such great people to have. Someone you can always count on.

Unknown said...

It;s good to have people you can rely on.

Sandra said...

Sounds like your dad's gonna be ok then? How wonderful!

You seem to have a solid base of friends; you truly are blessed!

BTW, there's a new crochet website called www.crochetme.com that all of the needleart geeks are raving about. Free patterns and tutorials and the like. Do I sound like I work there? I don't, actually {g}.

Be safe out there in Florida.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful circle of friends.