My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Friday, November 30, 2007

Blessings in My Life

I can’t think of anything I haven’t mentioned but there are a few things that really stand out.

• I’m so thankful for my husband because he is my best friend and I probably don’t let him know this often enough.
• I’m so thankful for my dad and step mom because I almost lost my dad this month. I know he is getting older each year (will be 88 on Dec. 7) but I don’t think I will ever be ready to lose him (I’m a daddy’s girl!)
• I’m so thankful for my health because I have seen many people on the cruise with walkers, and scooters. I wouldn’t be able to hike and walk around all these cities the way I love to do.
• I’m thankful that we have saved our money wisely the past few years (even though it was hard and we had to make sacrifices I really didn’t want to make at the time) so we can travel and do the things we want to do.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

You are right, you are never ready to lose a loved one. And saving all these years does make life after retirement much better. I love it too!!

Unknown said...

And I am grateful that your father is doing better now. As you, I am grateful that I have Pan to lean on through thick and thin. They are pretty wonderful guys aren't they?