My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Guy Fawkes Party 2007



Every years we celebrate this day for our friends from the UK. We used to hold this in the backyard of one house until the day the fire department and police department arrived. I guess the bonfire was a little too large for the subdivision to handle. So we moved it to my friend Helen's "farm" where there are acres and acres of land. Plus there is a huge lake in case the fire gets out of hand. Before the burning, Peter usually writes up a poem that we all recite together and then ol' Guy is lit and fireworks are set off. It is a wonderful reason to get together with friends!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great idea. Wonder who I know nearby with a farm? :)

Sandra said...

Bonfire parties are the best part of country living:) Looks like a great time was enjoyed by all. When I have a bonfire, even the alpacas and goats will congregate near the pasture fence to watch the festivities.

BTW, I wanted to thank you for all of the kind and supportive comments you leave on my blog! You've mentioned your love for crochet, and I would love to see your crocheted items...on your blog or in an online album somewhere? I love to crochet too, but I mostly use it for baby afghans and edgings on knitted pieces.

Anyway, it's been fun and inspirational, learning about you from your blog:)