My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Asparagus


Blog Prompt: What's your favorite vegetable and how do you like to eat it? Or do you have a favorite dish that hides a vegetable that you don't like?

My favorite vegetable is asparagus. I love to eat it but it is so expensive. I love to steam them and just sprinkle salt on it. But I found out that after you eat it, it makes your urine smell funky!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Same here. Very expensive and makes my urine stink too! There are a couple of times a year here in Florida where you can get asparagus pretty cheap, so I always take advantage of that.

Unknown said...

I have been on an asparagus binge here lately. They just opened a Fresh Market a couple of months ago and I had been putting off going. I really need to stay out of there. I have nearly packed my tiny freezer with fresh asparagus tips, fresh brussel sprouts and fresh broccoli crowns. Oh yummm. Sometimes I like my steamed asparagus with just a drizzle of hollandaise sauce. Have you tried out Ziploc new steam bags? They are fantastic and a lot less messy, LOL.

Sandra said...

LOL, the funky smell comment always comes up and it always gets a giggle out of me.

Nobody complains at my house when I serve it up, either. The expense is worth it.

Glynis said...

I didn't have a chance to post, but this is my favorite too! I love it just like you do, but with butter too! yummy :)