My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, November 19, 2007

The Blessings of Inherited Traits

Blog Prompt: What things or traits you have inherited are you thankful for?

1. I’m thankful for my good health. My father is going strong at 87 years old. He will turn 88 in 2 weeks and just suffered a stroke but he is still in better shape than most people who suffer strokes.
2. I’m thankful for my good humor. My family has been blessed with having a good sense of humor which has been great during some tough times.
3. I'm thankful for the work ethic that I've inherited from both of my parents. We were taught that working hard will pay off and now that I'm retired, I'm glad I listened to them. If I hadn't started working so early, I never would have been able to retire so early. Now we are young enough and healthy enough to enjoy our retirement.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are fantastic traits to have inherited.

Unknown said...

Work ethics. That's a good one. Nuke is always complaining how he inherited good work ethics from me. LOL.