My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Friday, November 09, 2007

Abilities Blessings

Blog Prompt: What things are you able to do are you thankful for?

There are so many things I am able to do that I take for granted. I didn't realize this until yesterday when my dad had a stroke and I was so worried about what he is able to do and not do. Today he has some paralysis on his left side and the doctor told him that he won't be able to go to work anymore but I'm just happy that he is still alive! I tried to imagine if this was me and what do I take for granted so here is my list:

1. The ability to take care of myself and be independent (too independent according to my husband!)
2. Hike of course!
3. Drive (my dad won't be able to drive anymore)
4. Read - I love to read (when I'm eating, riding in a car, before I go to bed)
5. Eat - I sure love to eat and since I'm going on these cruises, I will enjoy doing this!
6. Use a computer - so many people still do not know how to use a computer and I can't imagine not getting on the internet, or chatting with my family and friends
7. Teach- I think I'm pretty good at it and enjoy it. My presentation for the local literacy association staff went really well on Wednesday.
8. Retire - I'm glad I am financially able to retire while we are young enough and healthy enough to do things together.
9. Travel - I have a car that gets 50 mpg, a husband who loves to drive, and money enough to pay for our adventures.

I'm sure there are more but those are my main things!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

And a wonderful list of abilities to be thankful for.

Glynis said...

I'm so glad to hear about your father. I will keep him in my prayers. And ya'll ought to come out west sometime..try a little pheasant ;)

Beachcomber said...

Great things to be thankful for. I will keep your dad in my thoughts and prayers. Wrapping warm red threads around you and your family.

Sandra said...

Those were some brilliantly creative blessings to be thankful for. I forgot about the ability to retire...so many people I know can't afford to retire and it's so sad!

Unknown said...

Those are wonderful things to be able to do.

Big hugs to you & your father. I hope he recovers quickly.