My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Friday, November 02, 2007

Kitchen Item Blessings

Blog Prompt: What kitchen items are you thankful for?

Since I have retired I have actually enjoyed doing some cooking in the kitchen. For the first time I'm not rushed and tired from a long day at work. So here are the major things I can't live without.

1. Microwave - It is the greatest invention. Now that my sister is sharing some microwave recipes with me, I'm REALLY enjoying it for cooking and not just reheating or boiling water.
2. Gas stove - It is like the stove I grew up with. Since I got married we always had an electric stove until this. I like regulating the heat instantly.
3. Refrigerator - One winter we were without power for 10 days and everything in my refrigerator went bad. I don't know how the early pioneers did without refrigeration.

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Good answers. How did we heat up things before the microwave? I just stand there a watch it work and I'm amazed.

Rusheika said...

These are great prompts Pat! Thanks for helping me be thankful for the little things and the big things! Have a good weekend.

Unknown said...

Yep, you need to get some of those steam bags. (I did chicken in them; my sister shrimp; as well as using them for veggies). I couldn't agree more on a gas stove. When we had the house built that was one thing I stood firm on. Gas stove, gas furnace and gas dryer (we also ended up with a gas fire place, LOL). Great answers to your prompt.

Beachcomber said...

I agree great answers to your prompt. I had an electric range in my apartment. I hated it. I was used to a gas stove. I prefer a gas stove to an electric one.

Unknown said...

The steam bags are by Ziploc (I think Glad puts out a brand too, but I haven't used those) and they are in the aisle with the plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Very useful for quick microwave steaming of veggies, seafood and chicken. (they also include some recipes in the box, LOL).