My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Transportation Blessings

Blog Prompt: What modes of transportation are you thankful for?

1. Since I am "loonyhiker", I guess you can guess what my #1 thing would be...You got it! MY FEET. I don't have to change flat tires or buy gasoline for it so I try to take good care of them. We hope to hike down the Grand Canyon in the spring and people ask me why I don't ride a mule or take a boat. I don't trust those mules at all but know I can depend on my feet and I don't have any control over a boat (You don't ever want to get in a boat with me! It's not pretty!). I guess I'm just a control freak and like to have control which I do when I'm counting on my own feet.
2. Since gas prices have skyrocketed, I'm really thankful for my Toyoto Prius. We have had it for 9 months and still averaging around 50 miles to the gallon. We have put 21,000 miles on it already.
3. Of course I have to say cruise ships. We have 3 cruises booked before Christmas so I'm pretty excited. I'm already tired of being cold so I'm heading to the fun and the sun of the Caribbean!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

You and both aboutour feet!! Gotta get around and I love to walk too much. I hope someday I can find out about a cruise ship.

Unknown said...

Wow, 3 cruises before Christmas, how fantastic.

Unknown said...

Can I come, LOL....