My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, December 03, 2007

What I Used to Be Called

Blog Prompt: On the third day of December I suddenly remembered that people use to call me (blank) because

On the third day of December I suddenly remembered that people use to call me Loony because my last name was Loon. I was very shy growing up and being the only Asian at my school, I was picked on a lot! Teenagers pick on anyone who is different so I was the one who was always stuffed in a locker or threatened to be beat up. I was never beat up but I was just threatened and scared a lot. Finally I got tired of it all and when this big mean ugly vicious girl came up to me and told me she was going to beat me up, I laid down on the ground and told her to go ahead! She thought I was crazy and asked why I was on the ground so I told her that she would put me here anyway so I just saved her the trouble. The gang of girls around her just looked at me with amazement and she shook her head. Then she announced that I was just "loony" and everyone better leave me alone. From that point on, I was Loony and no one bothered me! I never minded anyone calling me that and for 6 years after that, that is what students, friends, teachers, and administrators called me. Now only my internet friends call me this!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, Loony and Brave. Mix them together and you get either BLoony or Love. I like the last one better don't you? Oh, we got such a kick out of your comment on my astronomy post. The entire family was chortling. Thanks for making my day, even if you didn't make dh's evening, LOL.

Unknown said...

Kids can really be so horrible. I think you were brave to lie down on the floor like that calling her bluff.

Sandra said...

Me & my brothers were also the token Asians in our elementary school. My mother put us in Tae Kwon Do because the kids were so mean. Only had to use it once, when the neighborhood bully kept throwing a golf ball at the front door. I kicked his glasses off his face, and he went home. Life got better after that.

Your post really hit home with me. Thanks for sharing:)