My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Veggie Tales

Blog Prompt: Did you, or did you not, eat your vegetables as a youngster? What sorts of veggies will and won't you eat nowadays? Home garden grown, organic only, or anything goes?

As a youngster, I had to eat what was put on my plate or I was not allowed to get up from the table. Being spoiled and the youngest, I pushed the limits on this. When I was little, I pictured myself with gray hair and wrinkles and still sitting at the dinner table. So, that said, I ate my vegetables and anything else that was given to me because you know - there are starving children in China. AND being Chinese, I would think in my little bitty mind - well, then, give them my food!

I am allergic to everything so growing up, I was highly allergic to eggs and spinach and seafood. So I was never expected to eat spinach when I was young. Now I love spinach and eat it sparingly. I also eat eggs and seafood the same way. I HATE brussel sprouts. I have always hated brussel sprouts, still hate brussel sprouts, and will forever in the future hate brussel sprouts. Also being a yankee, and my hubby is a southerner, I have never learned to like turnip greens or collard greens. I also grew up on fresh or frozen vegetables and hubby prefers canned vegetables (yuck!) so it depends on which one we have as to what I will eat. I don't care if it is homegrown or not but I really like fresh vegetables.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the brussel sprout thing sister. But pickled beetroot really gives me the horrors.

Beachcomber said...

Hehe I love the sitting with gray and wrinkles still sitting at the dinner table. My brother and I had to eat everything on our plates before we could leave the table, too.

Michelle said...

i remember sitting at the table as a kid with really nasty green beans. waited so long that my mom thought i would like them more with ketchup...yech...still had to eat them! love the gray hair visions though!

oh, and the asparagus effect? it does that to me too!

mom2triplets04 said...

I certainly agree with you on the brussel sprouts and turnip greens and collard greens. YUCK! I have never heard of anyone being allergic to spinach. Yes, eggs and seafood many people are allergic to. Luckily I am not. They are opening up a farmers market near my house so I'm hoping that I will be able to get some fresh veggies there once it opens depending on the time it is open as it's hard to shop with the triplets.

Glynis said...

Fresh veggies are DEFINITELY the best...but out here in this part of the country we don't get them except in the summer (unless you want to pay an arm and a leg), so I eat them up while I can!

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

I agree with you totally on the greens & brussel sprouts. can't stand them. My parents tried to get me to sit at the table until I was done but I could out wait them. :)