My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Friday, March 30, 2007

Childhood Birthdays

Blog Prompt: Describe one of your childhood birthdays. Compare it to your current birthday celebrations, what has stayed the same over time?

When I was little, I remember that birthday parties were a big thing. We wore fancy dresses and played Pin the Tail on the Donkey. All of the neighborhood kids were invited along with everyone in my class. I always had an ice cream cake too and we had lots of fun. I don't remember when I was too old for them but as I got older, birthdays were more quiet and just for family.

Now, we pretty much celebrate my birthday as any other day. My sister and parents call me up to wish me a happy birthday and my hubby sends me emails all day long. I don't usually get any presents because hubby buys me whatever I want whenever I want it so we don't wait for birthdays. I'm just grateful to be alive another year because my older sister died when she was 27 and my mother died at 59 so I tend to appreciate life a lot. We try to eat healthy and exercise a lot so we will have many more birthdays!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You know, I remember going to parties and playing pin the tail on the donkey and musical chairs; but don't recall having parties for myself, although I know I must have.