My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Party Girl

Blog Prompt: Are you the partying type? Write about a party you've had or attended. Ever wanted to be the recipient of a surprise party? Now is your chance to let your family know!

I love having my annual Chinese New Years Party. Everyone brings a dish to share and whatever they drink for themselves. I supply the paper plates, forks, napkins, and cups. There is always enough food and everyone seems to have a good time. Usually around 40 - 50 people show up. It lasts around 3 hours and by 11pm, everyone is gone and there isn't a lot to clean up since people take their dishes home. My daughter and her husband come and she usually makes sure the trash is constantly put outside and she usually stays to help me wash some dishes and straighten up before she leaves (why couldn't she have been this wonderful as a teenager!).

I like to go to parties but my hubby doesn't really enjoy them so we compromise and go to a couple a year but that's it. I'm hoping when we retire, he won't mind going so much.

I do not like surprise parties at all. I had one right before I left for college and it was fun but I think planning and arranging is part of the fun. Being excited that the party is nearing is a great feeling. So, no surprise parties for me, please!

6 comments:

Stephani said...

What a wonderful tradition and a fun fun party! It sounds like such a blast!

Sharon said...

A Chinese New Year's party sounds like great fun!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like boat loads of fun pat....really...and a party where people bring their own drinks? FANTASTIC !!!

Maybe he doesn't want to party because he won't be fit for the bench next morning lol (j/k)

Beachcomber said...

Chinese New Year's party sounds like fun. What a great tradition!

Unknown said...

A Chinese New Year party sounds wonderful. May just have to show up next year :)

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the surprise party thing Pat. You go through a whole day thinking no one cares and then you discover yourself the centre of attention, but the only one not dressed in party clothes.