My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, March 15, 2007

5 Rules I Break Regularly

Blog Prompt: Write about 5 "rules" you break with some regularity.
  1. We have this rule in our house: If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all. Unfortunately I wish I could say I do this religiously, but I don't. Especially at this time of year which is my busiest in special ed paperwork and I'm under a lot of stress. I feel grumpy and out of sorts and bad things are alway on the tip of my tongue.
  2. I'm going to watch what I eat and eat less carbs and fats. I think that but I don't do that. I love ramen noodles which are cheap and quick so that is what I eat for lunch most days at school. They are full of carbs, fat, and sodium (yumm!)
  3. I will not spend all my free time at my computer and DSP. Once I get started, I get "lost" and lose track of time.
  4. I will balance my checkbook regularly. The thought is there but I can promise you that it doesn't happen that often.
  5. I will fold clothes as soon as I get them out of the dryer. 3 loads later, the laundry basket is so full it is almost as tall as me. We went walking yesterday and my hubby needed a Tshirt and looked his dresser. I told him to wait and I'd get him one from the basket because that meant that was one less shirt I had to fold.

3 comments:

Glynis said...

Those are some of the same rules we have in our house, and yep, I don't follow them regularly either!

Stephani said...

I have to admit those are quite often broken at my house as well. However, I do not like Ramen noodles. The very idea of them turns my stomach. Ate those a few to many times in college I guess. lol!

Denise said...

I should have read your list for more ideas, cuz I don't do them either ;-)