My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Friday, March 16, 2007

A Million Dollars

Blog Prompt: Who do you call first? What is the first thing you buy for yourself? What is the first thing you buy for someone else? Do you give any away? If yes, to whom? Do you invest any? If so, how?
  1. The first person I would call is my hubby!
  2. The first thing I would buy myself is full time live in housekeeper who cleans my house, cooks when I need it, and pays all my bills.
  3. I would set up some educational scholarships for students who have medium high grades (due to holding down jobs in order to pay for college) and plan to go into teaching. They would also need to qualify for the scholarships given to people who could not pay for college on their own (Like the BEOG and SEOG). They would need to agree to teach at least for 5 years and I would supplement their first year of teaching with six months of rent and utilities.
  4. I would also have another scholarship to pay for students who want to take the GED. I would pay for them to take one cycle of remedial courses and if they successfully pass the GED, I would give them money to pay for their first year of training in a field of their choice.
  5. The scholarships would be given from the 40% interest off the principal. 60% of the interest would go back into the principal to keep the scholarship going each year.
This is so funny because last weekend while we were hiking, hubby and I had a long discussion about this very topic. Meg, were you hiding behind the trees?

No comments: