My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, March 26, 2007

Behind the Scenes

Behind the scenes:Expose a funny or interesting "behind the scenes" story from your job or home. What really happens when no one else is around that we wouldn't expect? (Or maybe we would expect it, so you can confirm it for us!)

I am going to tell you an "awful" story that went on at lunch the other day. Please do not judge me (or my friends) harshly or think I'm a bad person, but in my field, we have to laugh sometimes to make it through the day. I teach high school special ed students and I'm head of the special ed department (which is one of the largest departments in my school).

Every day a bunch of us teachers and paraprofessionals eat lunch together and on this particular day, Mr. H. (a parapro) was really upset. He told me that he might as well turn in his resignation and quit that day. When we asked what happened, he said that he "ran over" the blind student in the hallway. Mr. H. was in a hurry and walking fast down the hall and this student was coming down the other hallway with his white cane. When they both reached the corner, Mr. H. almost knocked him down. Mr. H. was so embarrassed and his face was so red. You would think he committed the ultimate sin! When our lunch bunch heard this, we all howled with laughter. I asked Mr. H. " What happened? Could you not "see" him?" and another teacher said, " No, he was in a blind spot!" We all couldn't stop laughing. We weren't making fun of the student but of Mr. H. and I know if anyone heard us they would think we were awful. But we couldn't help ourselves!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

oh i don't think you're a horrible person at all! i, too, work in a special environment in a school and we are known to make light of the situation in much the same way. it's a way of letting off steam! love your story, btw. ROFL!

samm said...

hahahahah I can see the humour in this as a teacher I sure understand the need for humour

Denise said...

Totally understand it here... the poor guy, lol!

Glynis said...

That is quite a funny story...and no, you're certainly not awful! Not having a sense of humor with a job like yours...now THAT would be awful!

mom2triplets04 said...

Aww that poor man. Hope he doesn't resign because of that little incident. The joke was quite funny though in that situation. Great story.

Stephani said...

To funny! I don't think you are horrible either. Poor guy!!! That would be aweful! The fact that he cares so much shows he was sorry and didn't mean it. It sounds like you work with a fun fun bunch! Thanks for sharing!

Beachcomber said...

Poor guy. That was funny. It is not like he did it on purpose. I don't think you are a horrible person either.