My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, March 12, 2007

Bad Inventions

Blog Prompt: What are three things you wish were never invented?

  1. Pool Tables - my hubby just had to have one in our new playroom when we got it built. Now it is used about once a year when we have a party. I use it as a folding table for my laundry now.
  2. Boom Boxes in cars - I don't really know what it is called but when the bass is up, you can hear the boom boom boom of the car next to you which is driven by some out of control teenager.
  3. Cigarettes - I see too many teenagers wasting their health on these just to look cool. My hubby started to smoke when he was about 13 and smoked for 32 years before was able to stop. He says he hasn't quit; he just hadn't had one in over 10 years (hey, whatever works for him is good enough for me).

7 comments:

Michelle said...

have to agree that we could all live just fine without these inventions! and LOL about the pool table-we have a hockey table-only it holds up quilts and fabric!

Glynis said...

My dh is one of those who loves to have the bass turned up in his car, so I definitely agree about that one and cigaretts...what an awful addiction to have!

Anonymous said...

ohhhh noooo!!!! We are doing an addition on the house and my hubby and father want a pool table...why dod I see it having the fate of yours! :)

Stephani said...

Excellent things to wish for. I don't have a pool table at this time but I know alot of people who don't use thiers. As for the bass...I totally agree 100%. I cannot stand it. So annoying! And AMEN for the idea of cigerettes never being invented. That is an excellent one that I had not thougt of but totally support! I still cannot wrap my mind around why people want to intentionally risk dying for a fad or a quick fix.
Congrats for you hubby for quitting that is awesome.

Anonymous said...

Great list Pat. I totally am with you on all of them. Home knitting machines were another white elephant of the 70s. Everyone had to have one and people who actually liked knitting found they didn't like the antisocial side of using the machine. So they ended up in the basement.

Stephanie said...

Good ones... or should I say bad ones! :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with the boom boom..how anoying is that...and I still smoke..and hope to give it up one day..