My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Being sick

Blog Prompt:
Which is worse, being sick or having sick kids/loved ones?
Which is worse, throwing up or having sick kids/loved ones throwing up upon you?
Which is worse, being up all night because you're sick, or being up all night because someone else is sick?

First of all, let me remind you that I'm a teacher, and not a nurse. There is a major reason God made me a teacher and not a nurse, and that is because I'm a terrible caregiver. As the youngest child, I was always cared for and was terribly spoiled. Thank goodness that my hubby was a hospital corpsman in the navy and could take care of our kids when they were growing up.

I would much rather be sick than having sick loved ones. Hubby is really sweet to me when I am sick and fusses and hovers over me as if he thinks I'm dying.
I would rather throw up because I can't clean up after someone else. My hubby is worse than I am about this so my poor kids had to take off their yucky bedsheets and toss them in a corner until they were well enough to put them in the washer. I could put clean sheets on their beds but couldn't see, touch, smell the yucky ones!
I would rather be up all night sick because I feel so helpless when it is someone else and I can't make them feel better. I'm afraid I should know how to do something and didn't which could cause them to get worse. I have the fear of not knowing or not being in control. At least if I'm sick, I am in control of me and not have to worry about anyone else.

Boy, do I sound so selfish! I can't help it. Thank goodness my family survived my selfishness!

4 comments:

samm said...

Great post I am a teacher too and cant stand the sight of blood when my daughter needed stitches in her chin I had to get my mother to hold her the whole time she was screaming for me heheheh she survived.

Michelle said...

LOL about the sheets! i have made my kids pick up after themselves too! gross, gross, gross!

Stephani said...

I am with ya 100% everyone keeps telling me when I become a mom things won't gross me out so much. I beg to differ. I have a hard time cleaning up after myself. Even hair in the drain grosses me out! You are not alone! lol!

Glynis said...

We all have 'things' don't we and sickness is one of mine too. You got lucky to marry a hubby who will take care of you so well!