My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Descriptive Writing Skills

Blog Prompt: Let's practice our descriptive writing skills. Write out, in detail, what you did for the last five minutes before you sat down at the computer. Now write a second paragraph about the same five minutes, but try to include even more details. Ambitious? Do it again, with more!

This is easy because for the past 30 minutes I've been walking on the treadmill. I have a set routine that I do on Monday, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I splice in some exercises with walking. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I just walk for 30 minutes. I used to hate the exercise days but now I hate the "just walking" days because they are boring and 30 min. takes forever.

This is easy because for the past 30 minutes I've been walking on the treadmill. I turn the TV on so I can see the news but I put my headphones on so I can hear my morning radio with music. I read somewhere that music gets those endorphins going so you get healthier. I am also reading a book at the same time. I have a set routine that I do on Monday, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I splice in some exercises with walking which makes the time go faster. I walk at 3.3 mph for 10 min., increase to 3.7 mph for 1 min. and then I do 60 stand up crunches. I walk for 4 more minutes at 3.3 mph. , increase to 3.7 mph for 1 min. and then I do 30 back leg lifts. I walk for 4 more minutes at 3.3 mph., increase to 3.7 mph for 1 min. and then do some arm lifts with 5 lb. weights. Again, I walk for 4 more min. at 3.3 mph, increase to 3.7 mph for 1 min. and do 60 twists. Finally I walk for 4 more min. at 3.3 mph, increase to 3.7 mph for 1 min. and do 60 side bends. I walk the last 3 minutes at 3.3 mph to total 30 min. walking time. On Tuedays and Thursdays, i just walk for 30 minutes. I used to hate the exercise days but now I hate the "just walking" days because they are boring and 30 min. takes forever. I have been doing this for over a year now and I guess I'm addicted. If I don't walk, I have no energy that day and I feel guilty.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Not boring at all. Very descriptive and interesting to see how you split up your walking time.

Stephanie said...

Awesome job pumping up your fist try! I only got to the first try for now. I have to get off to work.

samm said...

I am a treadmill exercise junkie too but I actually go to a gym and I do about 10-12 mins on 4 different machines and try burn off a total of 600 calories before I allow myself to stop for the day takes me normally about 40-50 mins

Stephani said...

Not boring at all! Amazing really. I have read everyones and it just blows me away that we have it in each and everyone of us to journal this way! I think your post was fantastic. And your layout totally rocks! You should print it and frame it!

mom2triplets04 said...

Wish I had the energy to add exercise to my routine. I was exhausted after reading your 2nd paragraph. Great description of your daily exercise routine.