My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Serious Illness

Blog Prompt: Describe the most serious illness you have ever had.

I have been very lucky in my life (knock on wood!). The most serious illness I've ever had was the food poisoning episode from last week. It hit me so suddenly and involved so much blood and dehydration that it scared me pretty bad. I felt like I was going to die! I know it scared my husband pretty bad also because he didn't leave my side for 2 days. After going to the emergency room (the first time I've ever been there because I was sick), the doctors told me that there was nothing they could do for me and that it had to "run its course" and I needed to stay hydrated. They considered admitting me but I talked them out of it since they couldn't give me anything, I was too cheap to pay the high expenses for them to watch me!

Thank goodness my hubby is such a wonderful caregiver whenever I am sick because I know as long as he is there, I will be taken care of. I had no appetite and didn't want to drink anything but he badgered and nagged me so that I would eat and drink in order to get well. I've been very tired this week and not up to par so I didn't even get to do any hiking for the past week. I have been taking a little nap before lunch and after lunch. Now that I'm feeling so much better, we have started back walking our 3 miles in the evening (at a slower pace than usual) and I will go hiking tomorrow.

7 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh man, that did sound bad and that can be so dangerous. I am glad you went to the ER and that you are better now.

Anonymous said...

oh yuck!! That sounds absolutely horrid! I'm glad you are getting your legs back under you!

Unknown said...

Am ever so glad your hubby was there to badger you. Food poisoning can be so dangerous.

Glynis said...

Ewww! I'm glad you're feeling better...that must have been awful!!

mom2triplets04 said...

OMG blood? Food poisoning? So glad that you are feeling better. I have had that stomach flu thing 2 times this year along with the triplets but it only lasted 24 hours. The entire house got it. It's awful.

Unknown said...

that sounds dreadful - I would hate something like that.Glad to hear you are getting better.

courtneycotton01@gmail.com said...

Oh you naughty girl, you MUST drink lots of water at least when you're sick like that. A friend of mine was near death after having a tummy bug for a week, her organs were just about to shut down on her, luckily her DH took her to the hospital just in time.
Hope you're feeling a lot better now. Oh boy you walk 3 miles EVERY day - you've inspired me to get cracking again - how long does 3 miles take to walk I wonder?