My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Friday, August 24, 2007

Food I Could Never Give up!

Blog Prompt: One food you would never give up is salt.

At first I thought this would be easy but after I started thinking about items, I realized that I would probably be able to give it up. I finally narrowed it down to salt. I love salt! I love food with salt on it and I put salt on practically everything. I can't imagine life without salt. When I was younger, I loved to pour salt in the palm of my hand and lick it off. (Hope that doesn't gross anyone out!) In fact, have you ever baked a cake and forgotten to put salt in it? It is horrible! Salt is probably the most important food in the world! Thank goodness I don't have high blood pressure because I can't imagine what I would do if they told me I couldn't have salt.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't enjoy turnips greens without salt either. You are right, I cannot imagine not having salt.

ArcaneFaery said...

oh salt is definitely a good one!!!! I LOVE salt, and guess what? I also used to lick it off my hand when I was younger and get in SO much trouble for it. I also got toxemia while pregnant with my 1st cause I didnt listen to the doc and I heaped up on the salt.

Nicole Young | Urban Wings Art said...

Oh I am SO with you on this one!!! I LOVE salt! I use WAY too much of it according to my family!

mom2triplets04 said...

I unfortunately have to reduce the salt in our meals because my husband has high blood pressure. But I do crave salt type snacks such as potato chips. I'd much rather have those types of snacks then sweets.

Jennifer Giuffre said...

LOL. My husband think's I'm weird, but I do the same thing with parmasean cheese. He gets embarassed when I do it at restaurants! I can't help myself! I love parmasean cheese.