My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Ideal Picnic

Blog Prompt: If you could plan the ideal picnic for your family, what would it look like? Be sure to include the following: Food, Location , Activities

My hubby and I've gone on more picnics this year than we have in probably 10 years. We are not picky about the food as much as the location. One time we just had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, one time we had Kentucky Fried Chicken, and another time we made sausage dogs. But all of the times, we were near a mountain river and it was just the 2 of us. We usually have a picnic when we are hiking too because we are usually miles into the forest and we bring our lunch. Around lunchtime we try to find a nice spot along a river or if there isn't any river, we try to find a place with a nice view. For some reason I love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches when I'm hiking. I usually bring fruit for us to eat, and cookies for desert. If we are near the water, we usually play in the river after we are done eating (in the summer, not the winter).

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Wow, now that sounds like a really nice time. I love the idea of watching the river pass you by while having special time with the hubby and having lunch. Eating and being with my husband. Two of my fav things to do.

Unknown said...

Not in the winter? LOL. I remember a picnic my folks too us on near Tahoe one year. We build a fire with the stones near the creek and my hair caught on fire. Hope you will be careful when you build a fire on your picnics. :)

Jamie Heyl said...

Sounds so nice and relaxing! What a sweet relationship you must have!

mom2triplets04 said...

Sounds so romantic except for the peanut butter and jelly. I make that for my kids often and I normally make myself something else.