My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, August 13, 2007

Scary Movies

Blog Prompt: August 13 is Alfred Hitchcock’s birthday. In honor of his birthday, name the movie(s) that scare you the most.

I refuse to watch horror movies that are filled with blood and gore but the suspenseful scary movies really get to me (and I try to avoid them too). The movies that have scared me the most are Halloween because of the suspense of waiting for something horrible happen. There is one scene where they are walking towards a tall hedge and you just know something evil is waiting on the other side. The music is building and they are walking closer, closer, and then...nothing happens. It is like the downhill side of a roller coaster. The other movie is When a Stranger Calls which has recently been remade. I saw that at a drive in movie theater with my boyfriend (who is now my hubby) over 25 years ago. It deals with a babysitter who gets creepy calls from a killer telling her to check the children. The next day I had to babysit and I made the kids sleep on the couch and my boyfriend stayed on the phone with me the entire evening until the parents returned home. That was the end of my babysitting days.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I have never watched a Hitchcock movie but I really don't like horror movies.

mom2triplets04 said...

That movie scares me too. My husband said that the movie that scares him the most is the Blair Witch Project.

*love2scrap* said...

I love hitchcock... but those are really horror movies. I am with you, those creepy movies that make you fear your everyday life are the ones I hate!

PS... I think about your worm bin ALL the time! I want one!!!

Glynis said...

Getting creeped out when you're supposed to be the one in charge is NOT a good thing, is it? :)

Tammy said...

Halloween is my fav all time horror movie and I must watch it every Halloween.

I have seen both versions of When A Stranger Calls and both good. I just love horror movies, but they don't make them like they use to.