My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

More Herbs, Less Salt Day

Blog Prompt: Today is More Herbs, Less Salt Day. What herb(s) do you like in your food?

I like to cook with garlic and ginger root. I do a lot of stir fry stuff so this really flavors my food. They are the main things that I use but sometimes in my meat loaf I will add basil and oregano. Of course I don't really like cooking much but since I've retired, I've been cooking more at home. Maybe I will learn to be a better cook from reading other people's blogs about the herbs they use.

Now it is time to get ready for a day of hiking. I'm going to the Blue Ridge Parkway with a group to pick blueberries. I hate blueberries but my hubby loves them, so... the things you do for love!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Garlic was the first thing that came to my mind too, but is it really an herb? You are just so sweet to your dh.

Tammy said...

I wanna goooooo!! That sounds like so much fun!!!

I have found that I cook more now since I am retired. All I want to cook though, is sweets!! Not a good thing.

ArcaneFaery said...

The first thing I thought was....Loony actually put up a 'less-salt' prompt!?? :) :) :)