My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Hoodie Hoo Day

Blog Prompt: Thurs. Aug. 23 is Southern Hemisphere Hoodie-Hoo Day -- Long awaited by our Southern-half friends, this is the day to go outdoors at high noon and yell "Hoodie-Hoo" to chase winter and make ready for spring. Do you do something traditional during a specific season (like spring cleaning for example)? If so, what do you do?

When I was growing up my mother made us do spring and fall cleaning (watching drapes, windows, carpets, and all the heavy duty yucky stuff) so out of rebellion, I don't do any of that stuff. My drapes probably have cobwebs all over them and when I get in the mood, I vacuum them. The windows get washed when they are so dirty, I can't see out of them. I call a professional carpet cleaner to do the carpet every other year whether it needs it or not. All other stuff is ignored!

The only thing I really do is switch clothes. I have a clothes closet and in the fall, my spring clothes go in there and vice versa. Also every spring, I go and buy loads of plants even though I know I will kill half of them before summer is over. Every fall I buy truckloads of mulch and pine needles and complain about why in the world I ever considered this endeavor and if I ever think of this again I hope someone kicks me in the butt!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I hate cleaning (as I stare at toys out of place, clothes on the floor and dishes half done). I think I will just read blogs today. We really haven't had any "seasons" per se in NW Florida so have been wearing the same ones year round.

Tammy said...

Oh I remember switching clothes for the seasons. But down here in Florida its shorts 365 days!!