My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Favorite Day/Gas and Weather

I'm a little behind because yesterday I bought a new camera (took half the day to buy it and the other half to read the directions!). I got a new Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ8K. I'm so excited and I can't decide what to photograph!

Wednesday's prompt:
What is your favorite day of the week?

Now that I'm retired, my perspective on this question has changed immensely! My favorite day of the week is now Wednesday. It is the day I go hiking with my hiking buddies. We all come from different walks of life and are all different ages. I love to talk with them and find out what they have done all week, their opinions on books, movies, and life in general. I love being around them because of their love for life! Many of them are over 75 and don't want to waste a minute of living. I hope I will be like that at that age.

Thursday's prompt:
Blog Prompt: I'm in the mood for some "current events" today and would love to hear what the weather is like in your part of the world. Also, how much did you pay for gas the last time you filled up your car?

This morning I filled my car up with gas that was $2. 48 per gallon which is the cheapest it has been in a long time. I don't understand how the same store could have it 10 cents more across town. Is that not an example of price gouging? Oh well, I won't get started on that. As for the weather, it is supposed to get up to 103 today with a heat index of 110. My hubby uses this as an excuse not to walk our 3 miles. Can you believe that?!

4 comments:

Stephani said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephani said...

How wonderful to get to meet with lots of people who share your same interest. That sounds GRREAT! I can't believe how cheap your gas is. That is absolutely fantastic. It is going down but not quite that low here yet.

I wanted to say THANK YOU so much for your encouragement and wonderful comments on my blog. I can't tell you how much it means to me and truly helps me get through the tuff spots when I just want to give up! SO THANK YOU! I am so glad to be able to call you my friend!

Unknown said...

Yes, I can believe it. On the Thursday after I did the post our heat index jumped to 112. It was a scorcher day. We also have an investigation on-going here in our little community about price gouging; seems the guy was also making threats to other gas store owners.

*love2scrap* said...

uh. hiking? Once again, I will not be hiking in that heat. I suppose the hike could be in the shade, though. And maybe the scenery would take my mind off sweating. And perhaps I would wear one of those bands that you soak in cold water and put on your neck.

You remind me of my 3yo. He has no concept of how hot it is outside and just wants to enjoy life to the fullest :) you rock, pat!