My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Friday, June 29, 2007

My High School

Blog Prompt: What were your high school colors? Team names? Clubs you belong too? Did you graduate? What do you remember most about your graduation day?

I graduated from West Islip High School on Long Island, NY. Our colors were blue and gold and we were the Lions. I really don't remember this but I went to the school website and looked it up. High School sports didn't have as big a following on Long Island as they do down here in South Carolina. I belonged to the drama club and every year we put on about 3 productions. I really loved the musicals! I helped a lot making the sets, finding props, being an extra (I was one of the dancers in Romeo and Juliet) and turning the piano player's music. My favorite musical was Damn Yankees. The only thing about graduation day that I remember is that it took place in our football stadium (I didn't even know we had a football team!) and after about 1000 people graduated and we hurried inside the school, it poured down rain!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It is great !
Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

wow....1000 people graduated at one time?????
i can´t imagine that many pupils in one school....
btw: thank you very much for the comment in my blog :)

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Sounds like what you do remember was fun.

Anonymous said...

you are tagged - pleas take a look at my blog

Unknown said...

1000. Wow. My entire graduating class could be listed on the back of a credit card (something like 60).