My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Childhood Television

Blog Prompt: Television.... Where would we be without television? Seriously though. Did you have a tv set while you were growing up? If not, did your neighbors or friends? If you did, what were some of the shows that were on and what were your favorites?

I remember watching TV when I was little just when color was introduced. The NBC peacock would have colorful feathers and my whole family loved to watch it (it didn't take much to amuse us!). I remember watching Lawrence Welk, Bonanza, and Walt Disney. I usually had to go to bed after Walt Disney. I didn't watch a lot of TV because if you had time to watch TV, then you had time to clean house.

3 comments:

Glynis said...

Hee hee! I think I'm going to have to use that one on my kids...about having enough time to clean :) And I remember watching Walt Disney, too...so you're not THAT old !!

Glynis said...

Oh, and you asked how I ever got any work done surrounded by books...easy, that was my motivation to get my work done early--giving me plenty of time to pull books off the shelf and devour them :)

Unknown said...

I had forgotten about the NBC peacock.