My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

High School Best Friend

Blog Prompt: Did you have a lot of friends in high school or just one or two very close friends? What did you and your friends do for fun? Are you still in contact with any of them?

I had some friends, but only one Best Friend. Her name was Bunny and we still exchange Christmas cards once a year. Even though I couldn't attend her wedding because I was in my first year of college, my mother and sister helped Bunny make her wedding gown. Bunny drove a purple volkswagon bug and helped me learn to be happy with myself. She didn't worry about what other people thought and just worked on making herself proud of herself. Bunny lived with her divorced mother, younger brother, and single uncle. Bunny accepted me for who I was and with all the craziness in my life. At the time, my older sister had just passed away and my parents were extremely overprotective of me. We even double dated for the prom which made my parents feel better. I dont' know how I would have survived high school without Bunny.

2 comments:

Glynis said...

It's so great to have a best friend, isn't it? She sounds wonderful!

*love2scrap* said...

pooh. now I feel bad about my blog... my friend accepted me where I was, too. that is so important, especially when going through high school! thanks for the great reminder!