My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Teenage Music

Blog Prompt: Did you listen to a lot of music as a teenager? Did you have a stereo, radio, cd player or reel to reel? Who was your favorite music artist? Favorite song? Which one still moves you today?
The radio was my friend and music was part of my life (CD players didn't exist back then and cassette tapes were just coming into fashion)! I had been playing an accordion since I was 4 years old so this was my way of keeping in touch with what I considered "real" music. Let's face it: you couldn't play rock and roll or country music just right on an accordion! So, I taught myself how to play my sister's old guitar and my parents finally bought me a 12 string guitar. I was throroughly enthralled with John Denver! I loved all of his songs and played a lot of them on the guitar. My prom date even looked like John Denver! I was really upset when he died and I didn't realize how different his real life was compared to the imaginary life I pictured him having. I still like to listen to John Denver songs!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kudos to you for teaching yourself two such totally different instruments Pat.

Glynis said...

Great post...John Denver's music is still wonderful, even after all these years!

Tammy said...

Don't you just hate when you find out someone you have admired for so long has had a black cloud hanging over them. I hate that!! I love the accordian story. I think it would be hard to play rock and roll on that.

Glynis said...

And now, I just have to say...you know Amy Grant??? Wowzer :)

Unknown said...

I also like John denver.I tried to learn how to play the accordian but seemed to have 2 left hands.

Unknown said...

I liked listening to John Denver too. Very peaceful and lovely music.

*love2scrap* said...

ack... blogger just lost my delightful comment...

I was telling you the earth-shattering news that I have been singing Take Me Home Country Roads all morning since I just learned it on my six string guitar last week. And then I read your entry!!!