My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Childhood Bedroom

As a child did you have your own bedroom or did you have to share? What was it like? Did you spend a lot of time playing in there or was it reserved for sleeping?

Since I was the baby of 3 girls, I was always the odd man out. I remember my mother telling me about how at one point I had a room all to myself but I cried so much that I was moved in with one of my sisters. After that I was fine. Even when my middle sister got married, my oldest sister and I shared a room. I didn't have my own room until my oldest sister died. I remember playing a lot in my bedroom (and basement and backyard). I pretty much had the run of the house but as I've said before, I was pretty spoiled.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I am new to this and hope I am allowed to leave a thought. I am a DSP and came across your page and was really inspired by your stories. I have 5 sisters I was number 5 out of 6 and always had to share a room with someone. I always had a big sister to tuck me in each night as my Mom worked very long hours and my Dad traveled. I also had to have a night-light. I still have to have a night light on when I go to bed at the age of 31...I think it is a comfort to have the light, I don't need it....it's a habit one my husband has gotten accustomed to :-) I now have three little girls and they all have their own rooms....only I am the one to tuck them in each night and make sure their night lights are on.

Stephani said...

Isn't it funny that when we are young we want to be around people but when we get older we can't get a moment to call our own! lol! lol! Even if you were spoiled it sounds to me like everyone really really loved spoiling you!!!

Anonymous said...

I was the opposite. I shared with my sister for most of my life at home and always wanted my own room. But then I was the eldest of the family. Maybe that make a difference.