My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Transportation

You are between 5 and 10. You are going on vacation (or moving). What form of transportation was used to get there? Did it take long? And what did you do to entertain yourself while traveling?

Every summer we would go on vacation to visit my relatives in South Carolina. My dad worked in a Chinese restaurant in New York and only got one week off a year. We would pack up our car and head to the sunny south. As soon as I was able to read, I remember reading in the car. Whenever I had a book, I could get lost in fantasyland. In fact, I still am that way now and love reading whenever I'm in a car, plane, boat, or train. If I could figure out how to read and ride a bicycle at the same time I would do it!

6 comments:

Rusheika said...

I recently saw a lady going for a walk reading a book...please don't try riding the bicycle and reading!

Glynis said...

Yep, reading is my pasttime of choice too...makes the miles seem a LOT shorter!

Anonymous said...

likewise! there's no better way to pass the time. I even take books with me in the car on the way to the grocery store if dh is driving lol.

Stephani said...

It would have to be a REALLY good book for me to read it while riding a bicycle! lol! I remember reading in the car to on trips! Oh to be young again!

Beachcomber said...

Great story. I love to read but I can't read while I am in the car. I can read on an airplane but not in a car. The only way I know of to read and bicycle is at the gym. LOL

Tammy said...

That would be a nice trip. Coming to the south for family time. I love reading in the car also.