My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Friday, June 01, 2007

Something Made Me Smile

Blog Prompt: Since today is Teriffic Thursday, we need something for a positive attitude today. Tell about something that made you smile yesterday or today.

It seems like I am always behind a day with my blog lately but I hope to do better once I'm done working. Yesterday was the high school graduation. It wasn't just any graduation but it was my last graduation I would have to attend. Now, that made me smile! In fact, everyone was laughing about how happy I seeemed to be. This was my last batch of seniors and I have to admit that some of the kids were really special to me. 2 of the mentally disabled students double dated with my hubby and me last year. An autistic girl decided at the last minute not to walk at graduation because it was too much for her (and I'm proud of her for being a self advocate and making a decision that worked best for her even though it was hard to do this). Another girl, who is learning disabled, worked as an intern in my husband's court last year. They are all so appreciative of everything I have done for them these past 4 years which of course only made me want to do more for them. But it is time for all of us to grow up and move on to new adventures.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the new adventures.

Tammy said...

I hope all your new adventures are as wonderful as your past years and that they always make you smile. Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

Just reading this has made me smile Pat. What a great heartwarming event for you.