My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Wonderful Weekend

If you DID want to be famous, what would you like to be famous for doing?

If I was famous, I would love to be famous for being a master gardener. I'm still an amateur and learning and making lots of mistakes every day. I love to look at all these famous gardens and wish that mine could look like that. Of course I don't have a whole crew getting paid megabucks and unlimited resources to buy plants. Instead I'm doing all of this myself.

But...I had a wonderful weekend!

Saturday morning I went out and spread about 10 bales of pine needles after breakfast. When I came in for a drink, my hubby actually volunteered to trim some of the bushes for me. Then he even got the hand saw and trim dozens of limbs for me that I couldn't cut with my hand pruner. Of course there was a wedding going on across the street so I couldn't drag ethe debris to the street but that was okay. Then we took a break and went to lunch where one of my students was working and he was thrilled. After lunch I scrapped 3 pages that I've been thinking about for a couple of days and then worked on my afghan. I watched the Nascar race with my hubby in the evening (well, kind of. I read a book and crocheted at the same time).

Sunday morning I went out at 6:30am and dragged all that debris to the road. Around 7:45 I dragged my hubby out of the bed to take me to breakfast. After breakfast I went out and worked in the jungle...I mean garden for a couple of more hours. By then it had gotten too hot to do any more so I think I'm done for the weekend. This afternoon we are going to a pig roast with my hiking club at one of the hiker's homes. I learned how to make this easy-to-make great spicy dip (VERY easy or I wouldn't do it!) that I'm bringing to the party with the Frito scoops.

I love the feeling that I've accomplished things and can actually see it. I have a feeling this will be a great week and I'm in such a good mood. Not to mention that I will be retired in 11 more work days! (Had to slip that in. In fact I try to slip the number in every conversation I'm having! I'm probably getting obnoxious about it but I don't care! lol)

3 comments:

Glynis said...

Sounds like a GREAT weekend! And yay for you --11 days to go!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've already got your gardening staff on the payroll Pat. Next the cable TV show???

Sounds like a lovely weekend. I love those sort of weekends myself. And how many days did you say until you retire?

*love2scrap* said...

wow - I bet your garden becomes even more amazing after you retire! I have a whole stack of Better Homes and Gardens pages I have torn out to inspire me. I have a loooong way to go. but it is still fun.