My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Friday, May 11, 2007

Dreaming of the Mountains

Blog Prompt: Where would you prefer to be right now--mountains, desert, beach--and why?

Right now I would love to be in the mountains hiking. I am not a beach or desert person because I can't take the heat. I don't sweat very much and just get overheated, red faced, and almost pass out. I'm not a sun worshipper. Lupus runs in the family and the doctors recommended that I stay out of the sun as much as possible. Of course I garden, so I get my share of the sun.

It has been a stressful week and I don't see things getting any better. I only have 17 more work days until I retire but they are chock full of "stuff I gotta do"! I have final exams coming up so I also need to make the exams and review sheets. On top of that, my students don't want to be here and behavior is not the best. I also have to pack up 28 years of teaching and find a place to store the "stuff" (not junk, as my hubby calls it). So, I'm thinking of escaping to the beautiful mountains in my mind.

I would love to be in the mountains no matter what the weather is. On sunny days, everything looks so wonderful and fresh in the spring. New buds are starting and the earth's rebirth is all around. I feel so alive and in awe of God's creation. None of my trivial problems seem important when I look at all that God has done. I believe if he can perform all these miracles in nature, I know he is taking good care of me and I just need to trust him enough to let it happen, his way and not my way.

5 comments:

carin.c said...

Sounds like you need to get to the mountains soon. I'll bet it stays nice and cool under the shade of many trees.

Glynis said...

Amen! And I hope the time goes by well for you...but I know it's got to be hard!

Canay said...

I'd be happy to join you in a mountain retreat! I can't imagine all the work there would be to do before retireing after 28 years. Good luck and may your next 17 days go smoothly for you.

*love2scrap* said...

wow - I remember getting the last month's fever as a school kid. I didn't think of how a teacher might feel having to deal with us! hang in there!

Unknown said...

After reading yours, maybe I should just go back and change mine. You make the mountains feel so inviting.