My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, May 03, 2007

5 Dishes

Blog Prompt: You have heard that the President and his wife of an obscure country is coming to visit and picked you (and your family if you want) to have dinner with. You can decide to cook for them or order in or take them out. What 5 dishes would you want them to taste? They can be any part of a meal (appetizers, main dish, vegetables, salads, desserts) or all of one type (all deserts for example).

I am not a good cook, in fact I'm not much of a cook at all. I don't enjoy cooking but can if I have to. That being said, I would definitely take them out for dinner or order in for the main dishes. The 5 dishes I would want them to taste would be:
  1. Pasta salad (I use tri colored rotini, cucumbers, tomatoes, green onions, olives, oregano, basil, red cider vinegar, salt)
  2. Fried Green Tomatoes (I never had them before I married my hubby but I love them! These would have to be cooked by someone else.)
  3. Baked Ziti or Lasagna with lots of cheese (Have be cooked by someone else!)
  4. Kentucky Fried Chicken Hot Wings that are freshly cooked.
  5. Ice Cream Banana Split (Baskin Robbins with the following ice cream: Cherry Jubilee, Jamoca, Butter Pecan)
Okay, now I have to go to work and I just finished a bowl of cereal but I'm SO hungry all of a sudden!

5 comments:

Tammy said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!! More of my favs and you like Fried Green Tomatoes. A woman after my own heart. Great list!! What time is dinner?

*love2scrap* said...

ok, so we don't have to cook? that makes it easier! Your dinner sounds delicious!

Stephani said...

Ummmm....it sounds GRREAT to me! Especially the banana split! Can I come! :P

Glynis said...

Oh, you made my mouth water!!!

Unknown said...

ummmmm. pasta salad. Sounds delicious. Maybe you should share the proportions???????