My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

TV Mothers

Blog Prompt: Since Mother's Day is approaching, who do you think was the best TV mom and why?
  1. Donna Reed
  2. Caroline on Little House on the Prairie
  3. Mother on Father Knows Best
  4. Mother on Happy Days
  5. Mother on the Partridge Family
  6. Mother on Family Ties

    Those are the mothers I enjoyed watching on TV. I am having a hard time picking the best but I remember wishing my mom was one of those. Since my father was 40 when I was born, people would think my parents were my grandparents. I wanted a young mother like my friends had. If I had to choose one, I would pick the mother of the Partridge Family. She always seemed like one of the kids but still the adult. I thought she was cool and would be a lot of fun to be around.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Quite a nice list there. I was rather unorthodox in my choice. :)

Tammy said...

I love all those mom's too!! Great list

Glynis said...

Those were all just fantastic shows and great moms! I loved them all!

Stephani said...

I agree! Those are all GRREAT examples of terrific Mom's!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm a Shirley Partridge fan too Pat. I think I've ended up a little bit like her to (without the musical ability and the bus drivers license) because I've always been able to maintain a best friend relationship with my daughter, even through the turbulent teenage years.