My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, May 21, 2007

Free Entertainment

Blog Prompt: Tell about something you do for entertainment that doesn't cost any money.
  1. Hiking and camping! Since I bought my hiking boots 10 years ago, and my daypack about 15 years ago and my tent about 8 years ago, I don't consider that as spending any money. Of course we do use gas to get us to the trailhead but other than that we don't spend any money. AND since I have a new car that gets 50 miles to the gallon, I don't think I will count that cost.
  2. I love to garden. For me it is instant gratification because I can see the progress I have made when I weed or if I plant things. I always feel so proud when I get compliments on my garden.
  3. Playing with my worms. I have 2 huge compost bins full of worms. I feed them food scraps and shredded paper. Then when I have time, I separate the compost (worm poop) and spread it around my flowers.
  4. I love to sit in my "play room" and look through the window as the birds play in my water garden.
  5. I love to go to the library and check out books at least twice a week.
  6. My hubby and I walk about 3 miles in the local park each day. We have no phone, no computer, no TV, and no interruptions. This is 100% quality time together.
  7. I love to read. I read at breakfast, in the evenings, and I have to read before I go to sleep or I can't sleep.
  8. Listen to free podcasts that I download from Itunes.

5 comments:

carin.c said...

Amazing how much to do for free - especially when the weather is nice!

mom2triplets04 said...

Okay you gave me the heevie geevies WORMS, really? ILL!

Glynis said...

Fantastic list of fun things to do! I wish I could take the plunge and be a gardener...but it looks like so much work :)

Tammy said...

Camping and hiking sounds like loads of fun. I haven't done that since Girl Scouts. I love your list!!

*love2scrap* said...

ooo - can I live your life? and steal some worms for my flowers? the garden is a total waste this year - cardinals have eaten all the corn (second planting, too) and the bunnies have eaten the asparagus.