My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, May 14, 2007

Foolish Thing


Blog Prompt: What do you think is the most foolish thing you’ve done in your life?

This was hard because I've done so many foolish things in my life! My hubby and I were actually debating this yesterday when we were hiking. It's amazing how different our views were on this. I think the most foolish thing we've done was many years ago we went on a tour in Thailand with complete strangers. I found this ad in a paper that said this company would take us to the Bridge Over the River Kwai for a really cheap price. (I know, you get what you pay for!). This lady we met and the two of us get in van with 3 young people we didn't know. They barely spoke English and we didn't speak any Thai. So, they took us to a couple of stores we didn't want to go and finally took us to the Bridge. On the way back, they took us to a couple of more stores we didn't want to shop at. Finally they took us back to the hotel. Now that I look back, I think how stupid it was to get in a van with complete strangers in a foreign country with no one knowing where we were going or who we were with. The hotel saw us arrive back and then warned us about doing this because some women at the time were being kidnapped and being sold into slavery. The only thing that saved us was that maybe we were old and fat and ugly. LOL


Above is a layout:
about what I did yesterday for Mother's Day. It was a glorious wonderful day!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great layout Pat. And great that you spent Mothers Day doing what you love best...hiking.

I couldn't possibly decide on what was the most foolish thing I've ever done. The list is way too long. And I work hard to forget them anyway.

Glynis said...

Isn't it funny how sometimes you don't think anything of it at the time, but you look back and say, "Wow, how stupid was I?" :)

Tammy said...

You hit the nail on the head with your story, because its just about the same as mine. Your LO is beautiful!!

Unknown said...

Awesome layout. Looks like you had a perfect mother's day. And I have to agree with the hotel. It's just lucky nothing happened to you. But then life is all about learning, isn't it?

Stephani said...

What a GRREAT layout! And a wonderful day to spend the day..doing everything you love the most.

You are a brave soul to get into that van then again why not try some adventure sometimes. We would never learn if we didn't try things...RIGHT! lol! I am glad you are safe and sound.

*love2scrap* said...

holy cow! God was watching out for for that day - you are a brave soul.

Looks like Sunday was terrifically fun for you :-)