My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Friend Qualities

Blog Prompt: What is most important to you in a friend--loyalty, generosity, honesty--why?

I think honesty is most important to me. If I know my friend is honest, this leads to trust which is extremely important to me. I think that is why the only person I really trust with my whole heart is my husband. He is also my best friend. I know that he will be honest with me, even if it hurts. I can always count on him to be there for me. I know he will not lie or cheat on me. We have both been let down by people and agree that honesty is what makes our marriage so wonderful (going on 25 years this June). I think loyalty and generosity comes after honesty because honesty has to be established first, at least for me.

4 comments:

*love2scrap* said...

great quality! This was an excellent prompt, Pat! My friends have SO been my life support these last few months and I am so very blessed to have them.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you Pat. But I would have to add that honesty needs to be tempered with tact. It can be all to easy to be 'honest' without regard for the other person's feelings.

Glynis said...

Congrats on 25 years!! Lord willing, I'll be able to say the same thing someday!

Unknown said...

We think alot alike; only I put trust before honesty. Although they do pretty much need to go hand in hand.