My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Two Memories

Blog Prompt: Tell us about two memories from two years ago.

One of the best memories is that we took a trip to the Mediterranean for almost 3 weeks. We flew into Rome and spent a couple of days getting used to the time change. Then we took a cruise on the Carnival Liberty for 12 days. We actually attended the naming ceremony with Mira Sorvino as the godmother. On our trip we went to Naples, Sicily, Croatia, Venice, Barcelona, Cannes, Livorno, Florence, Pisa, and back to Rome. It was so romantic and probably the best trip I've taken so far. Then we stayed in Rome one more day before we came home.

It was also the year that I started my worm bin. We went to the Hike Inn in Georgia where they use vermiculture for all their food scraps and even use composting toilets there. After dinner, we had a little lesson in vermiculture which I thought was great. As soon as we got home, my parents and us built 2 plywood boxes for my worms. Even though my whole family thought I was crazy, they supported me in this new venture. I started out only filling up one box first and now two years later, I have both boxes full of worms. I give them most of my food scraps and lots of shredded paper. We even started one in my classroom and I'm about to start another one in my husband's courthouse. These are much smaller scale and in plastic storage containers. When done right, you don't see or smell them at all.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh wow. I want to go on vacation with you. What a wonderful memory. You will have to do a page about your worm culture complete with pictures one of these days.

Anonymous said...

that sounds like some vacation! I tried to start a compost pile this year, but the roaming dogs kept getting into it. :)

carin.c said...

Love Italy... only had 10 days to do Rome, Venice & Florence and it was cold so I'd love to return one day. The worm thing always interested me - might do it next year, I think my ds would enjoy it.