My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Sunday, November 19, 2006

My Favorite Movie

I had a hard time deciding which one of 2 movies was my all time favorite. I decided that To Kill A Mockingbird with Gregory Peck was it. I was going to pick Miracle on 34th Street with Natalie Wood but since it is a seasonal movie, I chose the other one.

Unfortunately for my students and fortunately for me, our school library has this movie and I make my students watch it every year. Since my students have reading problems, I'm determined that they watch the classics, even if they can't read them. I have them watch Citizen Kane and movies made from John Steinbeck books. At least they will have exposure to these and will know what people are talking about when they mention them. I also want them to be able to say they know about it when the kids in regular classes talk about having to read it or write about it. But since some of my students have me for 4 years, they know To Kill a Mockingbird very well!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

An excellent choice. I remember the first time I saw it. And I think it is one that everyone should see, at least once.

Glynis said...

Somehow, I seem to have missed that one...and will definitely have to check it out now!

Unknown said...

im embarrassed to say that i havent seen it either! or read the book - it wasnt one we had to read in highschool. This prompt is really very helpful - i wont have any problems next time i go to the video store!

Anonymous said...

what a great idea. missing out on the social commonalities truly separates people. You are giving them a great gift!

Anonymous said...

yes, that one is such a classic on several levels. I made my kids watch it this summer. My 13 yo is going to read it this year for school!

Jenny said...

Don't forget the new classics such as Young Frankenstein with Steve Martin.