My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Holiday Traditions

Blog Prompt: Do you have any unusual holiday traditions? And/or what traditions are you looking forward to this holiday season?

When my daughters were little, we had the tradition of spending Christmas with both of our families. On Christmas eve, we spent it with my husband's family in SC. Then we drove home, packed up the car and drove all night to FL to spend Christmas day with my family. We did this for years until the girls grew up and didn't live at home anymore. Now with both of my husband's parents gone, we spend our Christmas vacation with my parents. This year we are taking them on a Christmas cruise to the Caribbean.

Another tradition is to decorate our house for Christmas. Our little town has big Christmas festivities each year. For 3 weekends, the horse and buggies from Charleston come up and give rides around the town to see the Christmas decorations. We have a parade one day and a Christmas tree lighting another day. I really love our little town. If I ever get down in the dumps, I just drive around at night and look at the decorations.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a lovely town tradition and maybe one day I'll make it up that way to see for myself.

Have fun in Las Vegas; make sure you check out Quark's Bar in the Hilton. They have some delish onion rings.

Anonymous said...

Sounds great Pat. My brother's family live in a street where they're big on decorating the outsides of the houses up for Christmas. Michael and Carol have an annual party on the Saturday before Christmas and the highlight is walking up and down the street looking at the lights and decos.

Glynis said...

Christmas in the Carribbean?? Wow! Sounds wonderful! We don't have a great house to decorate, but we sure love taking a trip to the 'ritzy' side of town to see all the lights...and how fun to do it in a horse and buggy. I may have to come to SC sometime!

carin.c said...

I like your idea. When my ds grows up I'd like to try Christmas in other areas. Always wanted to experience New Orleans Christmas Eve levy bonfires.

Anonymous said...

Wow - you are the traveler! that is so cool! I love looking at lights - it does lift the spirits!