My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, November 13, 2006

My Dream Home

As for the inside of my house, I wouldn't change much of it. It is a very old house (built around the 1920s). My husband's bathroom only has a tub so he uses the shower in the playroom (which is right beside his bathroom). This means he actually has 2 bathrooms (no fair!). So, I would put a shower in his bathroom. The only interior problem I have is that the house has settled (this is what I'm told) which means closet doors don't shut all the way and my tile floor has cracks in the tiles. I have paid someone to boost the house up and put things under it but after a few years, it settles again.

Now I would like some stuff in the backyard. My yard is the length of a football field from street to back line. I would like to get rid of the old metal shed that was here when we bought the house. It sits in the back left corner of the yard. The doors don't even slide closed right. I would like a big gardening shed in its place with shelves all around. Now, my driveway ends at the right side of the house and I would like to put up a 2 story 2 car garage there. The upstairs would be like a guest apartment with kitchenette and bathroom. My hubby would use this for his hobbies (model trains, and postcards) so he wouldn't have to clean it up every time we had company. Later, when we were old, we could hire a college kid to help us and the person could live in the apartment. Behind the garage I would like a very large green house. Then I wouldn't have to cart my plants into the house every winter and listen to hubby complain! I would also put a room over our back deck and screen it in so my hubby would sit outside with me in the summer. The mosquitoes love him and he can't enjoy the deck at all.

Ahhhh, I love dreaming!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a dreamy house. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Glynis said...

Sounds like a house with a lot of character...and what wonderful dreams you have for it!

Anonymous said...

love the bonus room over the garage idea. and the greenhouse. and i like that everyone basically sounds very content with their homes :)

carin.c said...

ooh, I forgot all about wanting a greenhouse! Our porch is screened in - did it first year after discovering we were a mosquito feast (bordering wetlands). I'd love an art studio over a garage!