My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, November 27, 2006

My Favorite Childhood Cartoon

Blog Prompt: What was your favorite childhood cartoon, comic, or TV show?

My favorite childhood cartoon was Underdog. Of course it was a toss up between Underdog, Dudley Do-right, and Quick Draw McGraw. The best thing about Underdog was the line: Never fear, Underdog is here! These cartoons were on early Saturday mornings and I always got up early even then. I would love to be the first one up so I could watch TV. Once my mother got up, it was time for chores and I hated that!

11 comments:

Jenny said...

YES - I remember Underdog with his flying cape. Too cool about your big winnings and kudos for being smart enough to stop when you were ahead and have fun. Vegas hates that , Baby!

Anonymous said...

Oh where, oh where is my underdog gone...oh where oh where could he be....I ADORED underdog, the whole Rocky & Bullwinkle show!

Congrats on your winnings....

Anonymous said...

Oh...those were great cartoons!!! My son has an underdog t-shirt that he sleeps in, though he has never seen the cartoon...makes me smile though!

carin.c said...

Loved underdog - totally forgot about him!

Unknown said...

LOL. My daughter use to do a comedy skit as a take off from underdog... WonderWear and UnderBra (she was only 14 at the time). But I remember them as well as Dudley Doo-Right and Quick Draw McGraw.

Anonymous said...

welcome home!!! ahhh - great choice!! Underdog!! I had a quick draw mcgraw old comic book around here somewhere. in the clutter...

Anonymous said...

Ooohh! I remember Underdog! And I can practically hear his phrase! Thanks for the memory!

Meg said...

I love Underdog!! Great memories!

Glynis said...

How could I forget Underdog?? He was one of my favorites!! And what was his girlfriend's name?....was it Polly Pureheart? or did I make that up?

Glynis said...

Oh, and congrats on the big win in Vegas!! You lucky girl, you!!

Anonymous said...

Don't thin i got to see Underdog. Sounds like I missed out.