My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Thursday, November 16, 2006

The Future

Blog Prompt: If you had an opportunity to see your future, would you want to? Why or why not?

I would definitely like to know the future. I'm one of those people who sometimes skips to the end of the book to see how it ends. For some reason, this doesn't ruin the book for me because I enjoy seeing how they got there. Hearing the end of a movie before I see it doesn't bother me either for the same reasons. I hate surprises and like to know what is going to happen if at all possible. When I had major surgery, I wasn't scared as long as the doctor told me every little thing that I'd be going through. I would love to see what is in store for me and would understand that I couldn't do anything to change it, so I would just go with the flow.

5 comments:

Glynis said...

I admit that I have on occasion skipped ahead and read the end of a book, too! But I guess I still like a surprise!

Unknown said...

You are a better person than me. If I knew, I would want to be able to change and if I couldn't I would worry it to death.

Anonymous said...

I do all the things you listed Pat but I don't think I would want to know the future in real life. Except I don't want the doctor telling me all about what he's going to do. As far as I'm concerned there's some things it's better not to know.

Anonymous said...

ohhh there is nothing worse for me!! I hate knowing the endings of books/movies, and I hate it when others skip to the end to read the back page!! ha ha. I love to be surprised.

Anonymous said...

wow - you are a braaaave woman!!