My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Music

Blog Prompt: MUSIC—What are your early memories of music? What kind did you/do you prefer? Have your tastes changed over the years?

My earliest memory was of getting my first accordion. I remember meeting with the salesman in our home when I was about 4 years old. I remember trying on this tiny instrument (which at the time was huge!). It was an exciting time for my whole family and since I was the baby of the family, I was the center of attention.

I like pretty much all kinds of music except heavy metal and rap. I guess it depends on what mood I'm in and phases I go through. I usually listen to 60s oldies on the radio. On my ipod, I have country, bluegrass, oldies, broadway hits (I love Rodger and Hammerstein stuff), celtic, Christmas, some jazz (not my favorite but some of it I like), and Enya (not sure what she is listed as but I find her calming at night when I'm in a tent and it is thundering and lightning).

4 comments:

Michelle Butticci said...

Since my children were little, I put them to bed every night with Enya. Love her!!!!

carin.c said...

They have so many names for the different genres and subgenres it gets ridiculous. I like Enya too!

Jenny said...

Enya is very calming as in my post it is the cure for insomnia for me. I also labored to her, awesome.

Anonymous said...

accordion! wow - do you still play it? I agree: no heavy metal or rap in my house, either.