My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

What I Hope to Accomplish Today

Blog Prompt: What is the most important thing you have to accomplish today? What would be the consequence if it did not get done?

The most important thing I plan to do today is to prepare for our trip. I hope to finish getting my clothes packed and the car packed. I have a list of things to pack and do and then another list of things not to forget to do in case I lose the first list. I know that no matter how efficient I try to be, I will forget something or forget to do something. I have heard that it is good to forget something because that means you will return home safely. Then I start to worry that I won’t forget to do something and will that mean that I won’t return home safely? You can’t purposely forget something or then it wouldn’t be “forgetting.” All of this planning makes me anxious.

If I don’t get it done, then our trip is delayed and I get to have these feelings even longer. I get to the point where I just want to get in the car and go! I’m sick of lists and I’m sick of worrying which takes the fun out of going on a trip. These feelings make me cranky which cause me to pick arguments with my husband for no reason and then he becomes cranky. When we finally leave for the trip, we will both be in a bad mood and that is not the best way to leave for a vacation. So, I have got to do what I need to do today so this trip is not delayed any longer.

Original image: 'Post-mission manifest' http://www.flickr.com/photos/14112399@N00/846977160 by: adam greenfield

2 comments:

Meg said...

Yay, you're almost on your way! Make sure you contact me when you get closer. I'd love to meet for coffee or have you over for dinner!

Unknown said...

Oh I so need to prepare for our trip as well. (we leave Friday morning) I don't have a thing done. Nothing, nada.... LOL. Hopefully I won't be long at work tomorrow and can get it all done. Of course, I don't have as much to do as you. :)