My World and Welcome to It!

These are my thoughts and opinions about life in general. I also get daily prompts from DSP which inspire me to write. If I throw in some scrapbook pages I've done, photos I've taken, and stories about me, you will have an idea about my loony life!

Monday, March 09, 2009

Open Mind

Blog Prompt: An open mind is a good place to start. Stay open to everything. The more that you see, hear, and experience, the more connections you’ll make. ~Jim Henson. What is your mind open to?

I try to keep an open mind to most things.

I try to read books that are different from what I usually read. I try to eat new foods but I really don’t like to. My husband tends to call me a picky eater.

When I get in an argument with someone, I try to keep an open mind and see it from their side which is hard. I really don’t like when I have to make a decision and I can see both sides of the situation.

I also try to keep an open mind about traveling. My husband really likes to explore and go to places we have never been but sometimes I get a little nervous about it. If it was up to him, we would sell our house and travel all of the time but I need the security of a home. I try to keep an open mind and convince myself that we will have a good time wherever we end up and we usually do. My fears would keep us from doing and seeing a lot of fun stuff so I’m glad I have him to push me when I need it.

I try to keep an open mind about what I am able to do. It is so easy to say “I can’t” do something. When I was growing up, I was so spoiled because my family did so much for me that I saw it as their oping that I couldn’t do anything right. This defeatist attitude could have kept me from doing a lot of things that I wanted to do like becoming a teacher but I wouldn’t let it. Now when opportunities come my way and my heart says “I can’t,” my brain asks if I mean “I can’t” or “I won’t” which are two very different things. I think that is why I have had so many wonderful experiences and I hope I can continue to have them!

Original image: 'Brain cell(s)' http://www.flickr.com/photos/57519914@N00/954701212 by: Jean-Etienne Minh-Duy Poirrier

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well said. Now if I could just be so open minded about Godzilla, LOL.